There is nothing adventurous like making a solo trip. It helps you know your strength and weakness as well as lets you discover a new ‘you’ within yourself.
So what is stopping you from making the most important yet exciting trip of your life? Money? If so, here are some practical and easy-to-adapt tips, which will help you save a few bucks for sure.
1.Don’t stick to a destination – As you are the boss and you don’t have to ask anyone about your trip, it would be better to be flexible about the place and find one that fits within your budget while letting you explore a new landscape. So in short, if you find an amazing deal anywhere, pack your bags and set out.
2. Travel off-season/shoulder season -One of the best ways to save money on air travel as well as find cheap accommodation is to travel when others are not. This does not mean that you have to travel during the height of winter and get stuck in the snow. It means you can travel when the weather starts to get warm enough for you to stay outdoors and enjoy the activities and sight-seeing.
3. Book the right flight – When you are making an impulse flight booking, better to try to get a cheap one-way flight. You won’t necessarily save much when you book a more robust itinerary, and it will leave you flexible.
4. Place to stay – Finding cheaper accommodation is on the top of the list. You can opt for options like hostels, friends’ homes, homeshare, etc. If you happen to find an amazing deal for solo travelers at any of the hotel chains, then trust me you have hit the jackpot. You can easily search and book such a room within the budget using a Travelodge discount code.
5. Look for free or cheap attractions – Most of the European cities have a bunch of museums that are free for the travelers. Some of the attractions are charged but still, they are free to the visitors on a particular day of the week.
6. Plan where and what to eat – One of the best ways to know about the place is through their local cuisines. You will get to taste a number of dishes with variant flavors and aroma. The best thing is that the local food will be tasty as well as good to your pockets. In case you want to taste your favorite dish that is not local, better check for some vouchers at Dealslands before you make the move.
7. Internet facility – One of the important things you need on your trip is internet connection. Spending money on Wi-Fi connection may burn your pockets. So look for hotels where you can find free Wi-Fi connection all included in your room price. You can even check for restaurants, pubs and other public places which offer free Wi-Fi connection.
If money is the factor that is stopping you from stepping outside your home to explore the world on your own, then these tips can help you overcome that hurdle. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and set out.